We have always kept our office up to the best standards of infection control. We will continue to keep those standards, as well as some others recommended by local and national health organizations to protect you (the patient) and our staff from the spread of COVID-19. Here are some of the changes you will notice and the steps we are taking to make sure ALL are safe.
- Continued up-to-date sterilization and disinfection protocols.
- Daily use of a hospital grade disinfectant via a fogger system that covers all surfaces in the office to further fight bacteria and viruses. This disinfectant is approved for the disinfection of COVID-19 (coronavirus), MRSA, H1N1, swine influenza virus, and others. It kills HIV-1 and HBV.
- The front desk team members will be wearing masks.
- Your hygienist and assistant will be wearing face shields during procedures.
- We will continue to ask screening questions (see below) and then take your temperature when you are seated.
- HEPA air purifiers will be set throughout the office.
- Magazines and toys have been removed.
- Paperwork will be sent electronically when possible.
- No brushing teeth within the office upon arrival (please brush before you come).
- When we greet each other, we ask that you refrain from hugs, handshakes, fist or elbow bumps, etc.
- Patients will be asked not to bring an escort unless the patient is a minor, unable to provide consent, it is necessary from a medical standpoint, or it is necessary for aftercare instructions.
- During procedures, escorts will wait in their car.
We are asking the patients to text upon arrival (call if you don’t text), and wait in their parked car. We will text/call you when it is okay to enter the office.
- Have you experienced fever greater than 100.4 F in the last 14 days?
- Have you had a cough, shortness of breath, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who tested positive or is suspected positive for COVID-19?
We appreciate your understanding and flexibility as we move forward to get back to normal. Please remember to stay home if you are not feeling well. Don’t hesitate to call with any questions. We look forward to seeing you soon.